We are pleased to announce that UNC Greensboro has joined the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) as an Institutional Member. The NCFDD is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, post-docs, and graduate students.
What is the cost for NCFDD?
All faculty members, postdocs and graduate students can take advantage of NCFDD resources free of charge. UNC Greensboro carries the cost of NCFDD institutional membership in its budget, so an unlimited number of eligible users can use these resources for their professional development.
NCFDD provides a variety of virtual programs and resources including:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum
- Monthly Guest Expert and Multi-Week Course Trainings
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forums for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
- Access to Resources and Referrals services for coaching, editing, and recommended readings
To claim your free Institutional Membership, complete the following steps
- Go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join
- Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @uncg.edu)
- Go to your institution email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.
Faculty Success Program
The Faculty Success Program is an intensive 12-week virtual bootcamp offered through NCFDD. The program is for advanced post-docs, tenure-track faculty and tenured faculty who are looking for coaching and peer support. Learn more on the Faculty Success Program webpage. (Being an institutional member reduces the registration fee for many programs including the Faculty Success Program by $500).
If you have any questions about the membership, please contact: Terri Shelton, Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement, email@example.com. If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.