Spartans ADVANCE recognizes that success in research is key to faculty advancement to Associate Professor and Full Professor. By connecting faculty, department heads and search committees to available resources and best practices we have an opportunity to advance equity in research success.
UNC Greensboro research networks and coalitions foster opportunities for collaboration, support, mentorship and information transfer, interdisciplinary research, and scholarly activities
Proposal Resubmission Workshop
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Office of Research offers a resubmission-based workshop for NIH or NSF grants with included professional development incentive. Learn more about the Submission 2.0 Program.
Central Offices & Initiatives
- The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Office of Research supports faculty research, scholarship, and artistic achievement. They help researchers meet budget requirements, deadlines, and internal and external guidelines. They offer limited financial support for pilot research that will lead to proposals for significant external funding, external peer review of draft proposals and summer grant preparation assistance
- The Office of Research and Engagement Researcher Zone offers support for preparing and submitting grant proposals and budgets, support for managing a funded project and ending a project, and insight into compliance concerns
- The Office of Sponsored Programs partners with faculty and staff to provide the highest quality research administration at all stages of sponsored projects by promoting electronic research administration, responsible stewardship of funds, and sound management practices. They can help you identify sources of funding; help coordinate proposal and budget preparation and submission and supports post-award activities in collaboration with the Office of Contracts and Grants
- The office of Research Integrity offers information on ethical conduct of human and animal research, biosafety, federal and state regulations, external professional activities for pay and conflicts of interest
- The University Policy Manual on Policies Related to Research lists official policies on ethics and responsible code of conduct, intellectual property, research personnel and use of technology
- The Provost Policy on Research Assignments site offers guidelines and forms for applying for a research leave. More specific considerations will be handled at the Unit level
- This site includes the proposal Guidelines for Subsidies for Book Publication, Exhibition/Performance Charges, Submission Fees, Publication Page Charges and Journal Article Reprints
- This site includes general Guidelines for Faculty Research Grants
- This site includes links to forms necessary for grant accounting